Hey Facilitator Club Community! 👋
I'm excited to share my game plan for mastering the art of facilitation. I've broken down my journey into 5 major phases: from education to continuous improvement. I hope this checklist can serve as a useful roadmap for anyone looking to get serious about this craft. So here it is:
🌟 Igniter Phase: The Spark
- ✅ Joined the Facilitator Club: Took the first step to get inspired, stay updated, and build my support system. This ignited my journey into the world of facilitation!
📚 Phase 1: Education and Skill Building
- 📘 Read "Make Time" by Jake Knapp and John Zeratsky: Mastering balanced productivity.
- 📘 Read "Design Sprint" by Jake Knapp: Foundational understanding of key methods.
- 🎓 Join “Workshopper Master” by AJ&Smart: Comprehensive training!
- ✏️ Compile a List of Exercises: My toolkit of facilitation techniques.
🤝 Phase 2: Practical Experience
- 👫 Facilitate Workshops for Friends: Safe space for practice and real feedback.
- 🎭 Conduct Mock Workshops: Solo or with volunteers for real-world practice.
- 💼 Offer Free Workshops for Local Businesses: Testimonials and portfolio building!
🏆 Phase 3: Building Credibility
- 📝 Document and Share Experiences: Blogging and/or vlogging my journey.
- 📋 Compile a Portfolio: Case studies and testimonials.
💰 Phase 4: Monetizing and Scaling
- 💼 Offer Paid Workshops: Start small, then scale up.
- 📰 Publish Articles/Guides: Sharing my expertise.
- 💌 Start a Mailing List: Regular insights and updates for my audience.
🔄 Phase 5: Continuous Improvement
- 🎤 Attend Facilitation Conferences: Keeping up with industry trends.
- 🧐 Peer Reviews: Get feedback from experienced facilitators.
- 📚 Refresh Your Training: As tech and methods evolve, so should I.
That's My Plan! 🙌
I believe that planning is half the battle won. With this checklist, I aim to hold myself accountable and track my progress. And hey, we're all in this journey together, so I'd love to hear your feedback, tips, or even your own goals. Let's help each other level up! 🚀