I love learning from the best copywriters in the world and someone who has always stood out to me is David Abbott! His regarded as the greatest copywriter of his generation and and his tips have helped many businesses create effective advertisements.
Here's how you can instil his wisdom in your work!
- Personalize your work: Let your experiences, interests, and emotions guide your vision. This will help you create content that resonates with your target audience. If something interests you, moves you, annoys you - it's pretty much a guarantee that it will do the same to others.
- Visualize first: Use visuals to tell your story and let your copy enhance the creative, not carry it. If I was to ask you how to describe a circle, you wouldn't explain it with your words, you would describe it with actions.
- Facts will always persuade people, start pushing yourself to write a list of your facts and then for each point find a way you can highlight this without listing it.
- Confessing your sins will save your soul. Admit to real and relatable issues that draw your audience in and help them connect with your brand.
- STOP BEING BORING! I know this sounds like an obvious but when your assessing your content you have to be ruthless and eliminate anything that is dull or unengaging! Think about it as if you have no emotional attachment to your brand, extra points if you can act like you hate it haha! Your rose coloured glasses aren't helping you out!
By following these tips, you can create advertisements that are effective, engaging, and impactful.
Let me know if you need any help or have any questions below!