Butttttttt it is also an important (and fun!) aspect of marketing, branding and communication for your business. Creating content is like baking a cake - it takes a little bit of planning, some key ingredients, and a whole lot of creativity and having a solid strategy for creating and sharing content can help you connect with your audience and drive traffic to your website or social media channels.
Here are some tips for creating engaging content:
- Identify your target audience: Before you start creating content, it's important to know who you are creating it for. Consider the demographics (age, gender, income, likes, dislikes, who do they follow on social media, what kind of content do they consume themselves, who do they aspire to be) of your audience and tailor your content accordingly.
- Set clear goals: What do you want to achieve with your content? Is your content designed to sit at the top of the funnel for brand awareness VS middle of funnel for retargeting warm audiences VS bottom on funnel for closing hot audiences? The different parts of the funnel will require different key triggers (hooks, problems & solution, call to actions) so set your goals beforehand and know exactly what you want your content to achieve.
- Plan ahead: It can be helpful to create a content calendar to map out what you will be creating and when. This can help you stay organised and avoid last-minute panic when it's time to publish a new piece of content.
- Have compelling hook: The hook is often the first thing that consumers see, so it's important to make it catchy and interesting. A strong hook will grab the consumer's attention and encourage them to watch then click through to your website / socials.
- Promote your content: Share your content on your social media channels. Consider organic posting, paid ads, spark ads or reaching out to influencers to post.
By following these tips, you can create high-quality, engaging content that your audience will love. Happy creating!