Activity
Mon
Wed
Fri
Sun
Nov
Dec
Jan
Feb
Mar
Apr
May
Jun
Jul
Aug
Sep
Oct
What is this?
Less
More
43 contributions to Maestro Students
3rd Disbursement
So guys I just randomly got my 3rd out of nowhere… hopefully those of you waiting got yours !
2 likes • Sep 5
@Maestro Collective I requested year 2 on Aug 1st because I wanted to make sure they had time to get the loans on my financial aid statement so I didn’t have to wait for them to redo that… I still haven’t gotten a new one for year 2 lol and I was not expecting to get that disbursement yet. I received my first one in May, 2 weeks later I got my second one and then the third one came like a couple days after that. I was very confused. 😅 Also glad I got in my request on Aug 1st since they decided to cut off the loan requests after Aug 14th.
2 likes • Sep 5
@Stephen Tidwell I used Venmo and got mine last night just before 5pm.
An update about laptops and the current situation
https://www.reddit.com/r/MaestroMaybes/s/AbwekFGT7E A student shared their update with us on Reddit. Student services stated if they lose accreditation, students who are currently enrolled at that time WILL GET TO KEEP THE LAPTOPS!!
2 likes • Aug 18
@Samantha Lualhati I mean, it should be in the enrollment paperwork you signed, so they’d be in breach of contract if they don’t. Also, if they’re genuinely trying to appeal the COE’s decision like they say, not following through on a contractual obligation would be a massive mistake and step backwards.
2 likes • Aug 22
@Samantha Lualhati So June Cohort, right? So you’ve got to have finished all of term 1, including the break (I know… should be after you finish your last class, but it’s the whole literal term). I looked back at my dates and I got my email to sign the laptop agreement the Sunday before my term 2 started and I know you all are almost through week one… I’ve seen several people posting on Reddit from the June cohort about not even having the agreement yet. If I were you, I’d email Shakeitha Sims at ssims@maestrocollege.edu and Suzann McDowell Suzann.m@maestrocollege.edu and request an immediate update for the June cohort because I have seen a LOT of you all saying you haven’t gotten anything. Thinking back I thought it was my second week of term 2 when I got the email, but then I checked the dates against my email and it was definitely the Sunday before my term 2 started that next day. File a formal grievance with those two emails if you have to. I’d explain to ChatGPT or whatever AI chat you use and have it write a formal grievance email for you… that’s what got me answers when they were in breach of my laptop agreements delivered by timeline.
Guys look at this 👀
There is hope guys, just have hope, please!
Guys look at this 👀
1 like • Aug 13
@Maestro Collective I’m only an hour behind! lol I would think if that were the case I’d have gotten it by now. 🤷🏼‍♀️
1 like • Aug 13
@Maestro Collective I found it 🥴🥴🥴 I swear I dug all through my email and could not find it. Went to look for something else and happened to notice it at like 11 AM my time. 😅😂🤣🤷🏼‍♀️
COE Aug. 12 Update — Maestro is back to “Accredited – Show Cause” while appeal continues
Here’s a breakdown of the latest COE update! Well, this confirms the email Ms. Sims sent me this evening. COE has now posted a new official accreditation action dated August 12, 2026 for Maestro College. The notice says: “The Commission Executive Committee acknowledged that Maestro College desires to continue in its appeal process. Therefore the College’s accreditation status will revert to ACCREDITED while on SHOW CAUSE ORDER.” So, as of this new COE action, Maestro’s current status is officially back to Accredited while on Show Cause, and the appeal process is continuing. That confirms the most important part of the email Ms. Sims sent me tonight — that Maestro is currently appealing and that COE has restored the College’s status to Accredited – Show Cause while that process continues. What this DOES clarify: Maestro is not currently sitting in a finalized “appeal withdrawn, October 13 drop is definitely happening no matter what” posture anymore. Whatever happened between August 7 and August 12, COE has now officially acknowledged that Maestro wants to continue the appeal and has changed the College’s current status accordingly. What this DOES NOT explain — and what I still want clarification on — is what happened to the August 6 withdrawal. COE’s August 7 letter did not say Maestro merely considered withdrawing its appeal. It said Maestro submitted a formal request to withdraw its pending appeal and request for reconsideration, COE accepted that request effective August 6, and Maestro agreed to waive its rights to further reconsideration, appeal, arbitration, or other administrative review of that accreditation action. So the timeline we can now verify is: * August 6: COE accepted Maestro’s formal withdrawal of its appeal/reconsideration request and the waiver of further administrative review. * August 7: COE issued the written notice documenting that action. * August 12: COE then acknowledged that Maestro wants to continue its appeal and restored the College to Accredited – Show Cause status.
COE Aug. 12 Update — Maestro is back to “Accredited – Show Cause” while appeal continues
1 like • Aug 13
@Jamie Bargabos you’re welcome!! It’s all extremely confusing. 🫤 I’m happy to help! As of now, just keep on trekking! We’re still accredited. I reached back out to Ms Sims after she responded with a link to the COE notice and asked her if student testimonials would help with the COE appeal or if it was more just about rules, policies and procedures that were not in compliance. I’m waiting to hear back from her on that. They could do a systemwide outreach for student testimonials if it would help. (Also wondering if that’s what they plan to use that survey they sent out on the platform for…) I know a lot of people’s opinions have soured with everything that has happened, but even a lot of them have still said how much the one-on-one aspect and AI customization has helped them. I knew there would be some growing pains and random changes as needs were addressed, but I never expected all of this…
Maestro withdrew their appeal
According to the COE's website, as of August 7th, Maestro formally withdrew their appeal. Not sure how to take that news other than the 'fight' is over.
0 likes • Aug 12
Also adding that COE stated that their teach-out plan must conclude by August 8th, 2027... which is well before most of our graduation dates if they okay the plan for us to finish our AAS with Maestro... so unless they start opening up courses for us to try an finish in time, I'm not sure where that leaves most of us...
2 likes • Aug 13
@Jamie Bargabos Jamie, I completely understand why you're confused. None of this entire situation has been easy to follow! 😭 There are basically two separate things happening, and I think that's what makes all of this so hard to follow. 1. The appeal is one issue. Maestro originally appealed COE's decision to remove its accreditation. Then, according to COE's August 7 letter, Maestro formally asked to withdraw that appeal AND its request for reconsideration. COE accepted the withdrawal effective August 6. The letter also says Maestro agreed to give up its right to pursue any further reconsideration, appeal, arbitration, or other administrative review of this accreditation action. So, according to the COE letter, that fight over whether COE's decision itself should be reversed is over. 2. The teach-out is a completely separate issue. A teach-out is basically:“Okay, if the accreditation decision is happening, how do we get the current students through this with as little damage as possible?” Maestro proposed two possibilities: - Students transfer somewhere else and finish there; or - Students stay at Maestro and finish through an internal teach-out. COE did NOT approve the plan Maestro submitted. They said it was missing information and, for the transfer option, Maestro hadn't submitted the required signed agreements with receiving schools. COE told Maestro to submit a revised plan and the required agreements by August 20. 3. Right now, COE still says Maestro loses its accreditation October 13. That's the date in the August 7 letter. COE also said the revised teach-out has to be designed to finish no later than August 8, 2027. That does NOT mean everyone automatically gets to stay at Maestro until August 2027. It means COE is willing to consider a teach-out plan that could run no later than that date. We don't know what plan they will approve yet. 4. Your work so far does NOT suddenly become worthless on October 13. COE specifically says coursework completed while a school is accredited remains accredited even if the school later loses accreditation. So the credits we've already earned don't suddenly disappear.
1-10 of 43
Madison Page
5
113 points to level up
@madison-page-6117
Maestro Student — March '26 Cohort — Studying AI Engineering & Business in CS — 39 — Mama to 3 — Basically married — Professional Photographer

Active 9h ago
Joined Feb 23, 2026
INFP
Sugar Land, TX