Hey team! We just added some new gamification features. The idea is to surface and reward the people who add the most value by helping others. Here's how it works:
• Points — whenever somebody likes your post/comment, you get 1-point.
• Levels — your level will show as a blue dot with a number in it on your avatar and profile. As you get more points, you start to level up.
• Leaderboards — the members who gained the most points in the last 7-days, 30-days, and all-time will show on the leaderboards tab here.
• Gems — group admins can award "gems" to posts/comments that are of exceptional quality. Awarding a gem makes the post/comment stand out so others are more likely to see it and users can use the "Gems" filter to find admin curated highlights from the community.
• Prizes — with these new features you can offer prizes to members that appear in the top 10 to reward top contributors and incentivize the right behavior. This isn't a "feature", but something we've noticed works well in other communities. We recommend offering prizes in your community!
Let the games begin!